Information We Collect
We need to collect the below personal information for business purposes as a debt collection agency to service accounts, process transactions, and meet legal and regulatory requirements, or providing you with certain information you request. Any information collected will be used for the sole purpose of maintaining your account. In particular, we have collected the following types of information in the last (12) months.
Real name, alias, postal address, email address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, current or past job history, or other similar identifiers.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Information on the User's interaction with the Site.
Physical location, generally.
Sources of Information
The Creditor provides personally identifiable information (identifiers), and account data such as payments, dates of delinquency, outstanding balances, and service dates. Afni through skiptracing obtains updated phone numbers, bankruptcy information, litigious debtor information, US Service member information, and updated addresses.
Purpose of Information
We retain personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and internal uses aligned with the expectations of the consumer’s relationship with the Creditor.
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and services to us incuding, including Credit Reporting Agencies, Scoring Vendors, Skip Tracing, Contact Platforms, and for auditing legal and regulatory compliance. We share your information with the Creditor and these third parties but only to the extent necessary for business purposes as a collection agency.
We do not share, sell, or lease personal information about you to any third-parties for their marketing use. We will release information about you if you direct us to do so, if we are required by law to do so, or in other legally limited circumstances.
Selling Personal Information (“Do Not Sell My Personal Information”)
Afni has not sold any personal information in the past 12 months.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Afni disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Afni delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. We retain personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and internal uses aligned with the expectations of the consumer’s relationship with the Creditor.Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at 866-716-1284, or
Sending a letter to us at Afni Inc., 1310 Martin Luther King Jr Dr., Bloomington, Illinois 61701
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Afni collects and uses your information described above, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Mail: Afni Inc., 1310 Martin Luther King Jr Dr., Bloomington, Illinois 61701
Changes to this Policy
Afni, the Afni ellipse, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Afni, Inc. All other product and company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.